What does Wedgewood Gardens offer?
Wedgewood Gardens is more than just a home for aging seniors. Our facility is designed to provide 24-hour care to those with Alzheimer’s and other related dementias in a secure environment that eliminates as much confusion as possible and feels like home. We have the safety and well-being in mind for each person in our home.
Our deliberate approach to programs and activities are designed to increase cognitive stimulation. We endeavor to enhance the working memory of each resident and slow cognitive decline.
Memory-impairment is not only an individual problem but a family concern as well. We work with the families of our residents to create a personalized plan of self-care and assisted care. It also means learning new ways of interaction. We provide family education to lessen the stress of dealing with the memory-impaired person and to maintain their dignity and respect.
Come and visit the facility and meet our memory care team. Wedgewood Gardens is not just a perfect choice for families requiring Alzheimer’s or Dementia care. It’s a place where a loved one can really feel at home. We believe and strive to be the best Assisted Living Facility in all the communities in which we serve.
Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care
This is one of the things we do best
Whether it’s Dementia or Alzheimer’s, our staff is able to help determine a positive course of action on a case by case basis.
Our staff here at Wedgewood Gardens knows that when someone is suffering with the progressive stages of memory loss, they will need continued support and assistance. We also understand that each case is uniquely different and deserves the utmost attention and care. We offer the care and attention needed to help with this process in each unique case.
Our personalized care focuses on:
- creating appropriate treatment options for each resident
- monitoring treatment effectiveness as each resident progresses
- exploring alternatives as needed
- creating individual goals for treatment and tolerance
Providing the Comforts of Home
- Private and Semi-Private Rooms with Emergency Call System
- Spacious Bathroom with Emergency Pull Cord
- Carpeted Rooms
- Spacious Family Room
- Style Dining
- Covered Patio and Lawn with Accessible Paths
- Coded Doors
- State-of-the-art Fire Safety System
- Convenient, Handicapped Accessible Parking
- Linen and Personal Laundry Services
Comforts of Care
- Reminders and Assistance with Prescribed Medications
- Staff Nurse Consultation
- Home–Cooked Meals and Snacks
- Assisting with Special Diets
- Individual / Group Life Enrichment Activities
- Personal Assistance with Daily Care Tasks such as Bathing, Grooming, Dressing, Toileting, Eating, and Mobility
- Incontinence Management
- Nurse Staff on site
- Ongoing Communication with Physicians
- Monitoring of Health via Monthly Weights and Blood Pressure checks
- Reports and Communication with Family Members